Key Stage 3 Maths - Lesson Objectives, Keywords and Resources - Year 8 - Handling Data
Experimental and Theoretical Probability
To be able to:
- Communicate orally and on paper the results of a statistical enquiry and the methods used
- Justify the choice of what is presented.
- Compare experimental and theoretical probabilities in different contexts.
- Solve more complex problems by breaking them into smaller steps or tasks, choosing and using graphical representation, and also resources, including ICT.
- Appreciate the difference between mathematical explanation and experimental evidence.
Biased, event, experimental probability, sample, sample space, theoretical probability.