Key Stage 3 Maths - Lesson Objectives, Keywords and Resources - Year 8 - Handling Data
Statistical Charts and Graphs
To be able to construct, on paper and using ICT:
- pie charts for categorical data.
- bar charts and frequency diagrams for discrete data.
- simple scatter graphs.
To be able to:
- Identify which are most useful in the context of the problem.
- Interpret tables, graphs and diagrams for discrete data and draw inferences that relate to the problem being discussed.
- Relate summarised data to the questions being explored.
scatter graph, correlation, positive correlation, negative correlation.